I can't get Quicken updates to synchronize properly with my PayPal account

epstewart
Contributor
Contributor

I have a PayPal account that I'm trying to use Quicken with. When I try to reconcile the Quicken PayPal account with PayPal's current online balance, I usually need to make a reconcile adjustment in Quicken to get the two to reconcile. Can anyone tell me why?

It happened again this morning. PayPal online does not currently show me any "pending" transactions right now, so the answer does not seem to have to do with transactions that are still marked by PayPal as pending. Also, I do in fact see all of my transactions in my Quicken register of PayPal transactions. There are no missing ones, and there are never extra or spurious PayPal transactions that get downloaded when I do a Quicken update operation. It seems that there must be one or more "weird" categories of transaction in PayPal that do not show up as such in PayPal's online list of transactions but that are nevertheless reflected in the current online balance. Hence, it seems that the transactions that Quicken downloads to its register at any particular time when I do a Quicken update/reconcile are not precisely the same as the full list of transactions maintained by PayPal itself — transactions that show up in the current online balance.

In fact, sometimes when I do my daily Quicken update/reconcile, Quicken agrees with PayPal's current online balance, so I don't need to make a reconcile adjustment on that particular occasion.

So can anyone tell me why PayPal and Quicken are often out of sync with one another, but at other times are in perfect sync? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.