Closing my account

Brozi6969
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal have decided to permanently close my account and I have £219 in there they won’t let me do anything with it and holding it for 180 days it’s not right or fair and I can’t call them as they never there and every email I get I get a robot reply I want it sorted
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brozi6969 

Its sorted after 180 days.

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal holds any funds for 180 days as that is the same time frame that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then 'normally' you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Brozi6969
Contributor
Contributor
They have said there decision is final but 180days (6months) is a complete joke and waste as I need my funds I can’t Ben ring them no one answers at all I message them and get stupid automatic responses I have reported them because in the UK it’s illegal for them to hold my money
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.