paypal payment not going through?? (URGENT)

Lost_banshee
New Community Member

I'm a young freelance artist and I recently opened commisions, I had gotten one today but I didn't have a PayPal account yet so I rushed to make one, I had accidentally put the wrong email address and only figured this out AFTER the customer had dm'd me on insta saying they sent the payment I had fixed it and went to see if the payment was there and it wasn't???? I have a feeling its due to the email issue but I made sure the new email was verified, is there any way I can get this money, I had contacted support but it wasn't any help, I absolutely need this money because my family's financial status isn't great at the moment and we have damages on our house due to the recent hurricanes, please help!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

How did you "fix" it? Added and confirmed the "correct" email address to your account? You could have also gotten the client to cancel their payment from their end and resend to your actual existing email address since your "correct" email address was not yet registered as a PayPal email address. Usually, the payment transaction should have appeared immediately after adding the email address to your existing account and confirming the email address via email, at least that's how it operated years ago but who knows these days with new system/site/coding updates. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Lost_banshee
New Community Member

I had changed the primary email address and then confirmed it, I'm still not getting the payment?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Wait, the original payment was original sent to an email address that was never registered to your PayPal account, right? Then you added the email address to your account and made it the primary email address? You didn't have to make it the primary email address. Just add and confirm. I don't know what difference that would make but perhaps it does. 

You'll need to speak with a customer service agent:

Click "Help" at the top menu, then scroll down and click "Contact Us" and then select the phone option.

Login to Me Too

Lost_banshee
New Community Member

I got the customer to cancel their payment, I didn't know you could do that beforehand, thank you for your help!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lost_banshee wrote:

I got the customer to cancel their payment, I didn't know you could do that beforehand, thank you for your help!

OK! You're welcome!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.