my paypal account is locked from my ps4

ralfiks7
Contributor
Contributor

i tried to buy something in the ps4 shop i typed my password correctly like 20 times but it was incorrect. I changed my password and it still didnt let me log into my paypal account and like 4 tryies later it said that my paypal account is locked.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @ralfiks7!

Thank you so much for joining the Community! Our security system is designed to lock an account after too many failed attempts to login. This helps prevent potential fraudsters from trying to gain access. Hopefully this has already resolved itself, but the lock does lift usually after a few hours of no login attempts. Keep in mind though, the more failed attempts, the longer it will be locked. 

Generally, allowing 24 hours or changing the password online will resolve this. 

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our customer support directly to help you back into the account by following the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page

I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community!

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Younes11
New Community Member

Tbh I'm having this problem aswell and I'm getting sick of it ! 
I can log in on my paypal via my phone my laptop but I can't add my Paypal into my ps4 store so I can buy playstation +? I mean thats just amazing seriously... This problem has been around for ages and neither Sony or you guys fixed it. Just lift the whole coop if you ain't gonna fix it 

Login to Me Too

Choka17
Contributor
Contributor
Still having this issue smh..it's really annoying
Login to Me Too

Emiliorodi14
New Community Member
Ik I’ve tried login in many times changed my password but it works on everything else except I’m just tryna play some damn Star Wars!
Login to Me Too

Angel157
Contributor
Contributor
So I have to wait 24 hours until I try again I have changed my password several times so what can I do
Login to Me Too

KingBleach
Contributor
Contributor
Remove the PAYPAL from your previous XBOX or PS account then add it to the one you want and it should work.
Login to Me Too

Angel157
Contributor
Contributor
The thing is I don’t have it tied with any other account ps or Xbox and the PayPal is pretty new so I don’t have a clue on what is going on
Login to Me Too

KingBleach
Contributor
Contributor
Create a dummy account and add the PayPal to that and tell me what happens. This has happened to my friend before
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @KingBleach, @Angel157, and everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that the platform you're trying to access is denying your PayPal password for connection. This can sometimes happen if the system is trying to set up a billing agreement to create the link, and the billing agreement is being declined. Declines can happen for a few reasons. If the issue persists, please feel free to reach out to customer service for assistance.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

Contact by phone may be the best bet so real-time troubleshooting can take place.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.