Why can’t I close my account?

Depop
New Community Member
Hi I don’t have any info for you I want to make a payment to close my account I made this PayPal in mistake. And was using for eBay I also want it unlimited from my bank account
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Depop,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

I am sorry to hear that you would like to close your PayPal account. There could be multiple reasons why you can't close your account. For example, it could be that you have pending payments on your account, or that you funded/withdrew payments to your bank account in the past 2 weeks. Also, please check your automatic payments to see if your bank account was selected as the funding source. Otherwise, it could be that your account is limited, in which case you can complete the steps in your Resolution Centre to resolve the issue. Lastly, it could be a security issue. In that case, you can try clearing your cache and cookies, deleting your browser history and waiting for 48 hours without accessing your account to let the system reset. This may help you solve the issue.

Here some information that can help:

I hope this helps!

Martina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.