Trouble setting up a new personal account

Nazgwen
New Community Member

Hi there! First post on the community, but I've been a paypal user for years. Here's the thing, I wanted to create a new personal account, but the moment I'm trying to register, and type the email, it launches me a message saying "Seems you've already have a Paypal account" and suggest me to go to the login screen. I go there, I of course have never used that email for paypal so I try to login requesting a password reset with given email. Then the following message is: "Sorry, we could not verify your identity" and just suggest me to call??

I'm PRETTY SURE I've never set up a Paypal account with that email address. Is there anything I can do? I know the better solution would be use another address, but for the moment I want to know WHY would Paypal tell me "seems you've already have one" and then can't verify it.

Thanks in advance!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nazgwen 

Try clearing your browser cache, history and cookies, restart device and then try registering for an account with the email address again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.