Spending money without linking a bank account

Campbellsoup93
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, so I already have money in my wallet. I want to use that money to buy something, but every time I try it tells me I need to link a bank account or a credit card. I don't have a credit card, and I really don't feel comfortable linking my bank account. Is there any way I can use the money that's in my wallet without doing this? If it's not possible, then do I just have a bunch of money there that I can never spend? Also, what is the point of having Paypal If I have to use my bank account anyway? If I wanted to use my bank account I would just pay directly from that. It seems a tad counter-intuitive.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Campbellsoup93

You can use funds in your balance to pay but at some point Paypal security will kick in and ask you to add a card to act as a back up funding source and to verify that account.

You would still be able to use the funds in your balance and not your card as you can set your primary funding source.

Also the point of using Paypal is that they keep your bank account and card information secret from the seller.

Also sellers that can't accept direct bank / card payments, can accept Paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.