Small changes, big problems.

OnurYakisikli
Contributor
Contributor

I had made my PayPal years ago and had barely used it. In the past I must have not taken the account information that I had given seriously because after putting an amount of money in my account it got restricted and wanted me to verify my information. I did not want to proceed because I noticed that a lot of information was wrong.
1. I do not own a business but my paypal is a paypal account.
2. the date of birth is wrong for some reason.
3. EVEN my name is wrong, I really do not understand how this happened. I am assuming that before making an account PayPal asks for some proof of ID. How can my last name be ''Y'' if I don't have proof that it is...

I really need some help, I have already contacted the support centre, but no responses yet. I also can't talk with people via Facebook because apparently there are no PayPal employees because of COVID-19. If there is an employee reading this could you please help me? my money is stuck in my account.

I want to change a lot in my account because currently it is limited and my money is stuck.
1. I want to change ''My Account Type''. My account type currently is ''Business'' and I want it downgraded to ''Personal''.
2. I want to change my name. It is currently ''Onur Y'', but my full name is ''Onur Yakisikli''.
3. I want to change my ''Date of Birth''. Currently it is '09/04/1992', but my date of birth is '09/04/1992'. I have added my Passport, Dutch ID and a bank statement as proof in the message I cent the Help center

Regards,
Onur Yakisikli

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OnurYakisikli 

The biggest problem is your name, you can only change a name on a paypal account if there are 2 characters incorrect OR for legal reasons ie marriage etc.

You won't be able to change a name from one character to a full name.

So sadly your funds and your account may well stay limited as the funds in the account belong to someone called Y who has legal documentation to prove its their legal name.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

OnurYakisikli
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder, how did PayPal ever accept someone to name themselves ''Onur Y'' without any proof of identification?
They had also already approved my bank account and verified it which I find strange.

Sir, do you know of any way I could contact PayPal and potentially speak with one of the employees 1:1 ?
(I am from the Netherlands)

@kernowlass 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.