Security code is not sent to me

MarkAncheta
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Since 04 of May, every-time I tried to login into my business account of my company, it keeps asking my security code, that I've never received. My email and phone number are correct, because I did login it before this issue happens.

I contacted Paypal support several time, and here is all the solutions I tried until today : 

- Change my password. I did, and responded to the secret questions, but at the end it still keeps asking my security code that I never received

- Complain to my Phone provider (Orange) if they blocking my security code, I did and they told me that there was no issue from their side.

- Paypal asked me to send them my phone number, in order to receive a call verification. I did, but I never received any call until today.

- Clear my browser cash and cookies. I did, nothing changed always the same issue.

- Tried to open my Business account from Paypal App on my phone, I did but still it keeps asking my security code that I never received.

- Tried to contact the support trough a phone call, and I can’t join any live person.

Need assistance urgently!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

nazani
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a similar problem for 3 months. I always ask for security code to be sent to my email. The security code no longer shows up in my gmail under any heading, including spam.  It is a nuisance to have to go get my phone & request a text. It is much harder for me to see the text screen, so I also have to use glasses instead of completing the transaction on my 17" computer screen!

Nothing has changed with my password or email & the problem is not being caused by my Norton virus protection.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nazani 

Do you have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in just your name verified on your Paypal account?
Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nazani
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I've had a verified phone registered to PayPal for years.

The security code DID finally arrive in my inbox- just over an hour after I requested it.

As I mentioned, this is a fairly recent problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.