SMS not delivered to Kazakhstan phone numbers

chikosh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I and many other people in Kazakhstan have got problems with SMS delivery. The number format is like 8 (7**) *** ****. Maybe the problem is that +7 should be instead of 8? But when entering the phone number with +7 it says that it's invalid. Probably country code is prepended automatically.

There are two problems why we need a fix:

1) Reset password not working since it's asking to enter SMS code which is not coming. The only way is to call the support phone number.

2) As I understand to enable the "SMS Security Key" I need to confirm the phone number first. That's also not possible now.

Are there any ways to fix this? Thanks for any help.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

Dauren123
Contributor
Contributor

Still having this problem, please say what we can do, SMS not coming ?!!!  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dauren123 

@chikosh 

@Manarbek 

@wakirin 

Are you all doing this?

https://www.paypal.com/kz/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-my-mobile-phone-number-with-paypal-faq3...

Stay logged in and don’t exit from the window. We’ll send you a text message with a confirmation code.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

chikosh
Contributor
Contributor

> Are you all doing this?

https://www.paypal.com/kz/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-my-mobile-phone-number-with-paypal-faq3...

>

> Stay logged in and don’t exit from the window. We’ll send you a text message with a confirmation code.

Of course, we do. Did you read the thread? The main problem is that SMS not delivered at all.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chikosh 

Well I needed to check that first as some don't do exactly as what is stated on there.

The I can go on to give you other ideas.

Bye then, good luck with it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Saya-Kh
Contributor
Contributor

Hey

Is there any solutions for this problem????It's taking ages to reset the password. Plus I can't reach anyone by phone due to this covid situation!!!!!!!!!!!!Paypal customer service SUCKS

Login to Me Too

Darkhanich
Contributor
Contributor
Please, take some actions for Confirmation SMS to be received in Kazakhstan. +7 701 - Kcell (www.kcell.kz) Or you cant send sms to Russia (also +7) or Kazakhstan?
Login to Me Too

adaybak
New Community Member

Dear service, the problem is still occurs. Even I called USA service, but they could not help.

They suggested to call Kazakhstan PayPal service. But there is no such number! 

where should I call?

Somehow I managed to register here, to live you this comment! I had sent letters to your help mail - no replies.

Login to Me Too

Kheelen
Ran into the same problem here...can someone advise on how to solve the issue?
Login to Me Too

architaraz
Contributor
Contributor

I've been experiencing this problem for at least 4 years now.

Yes, the mobile provider CAN receive short messages, no problem in receiving confirmation SMSs from Apple, Google, Facebook, Instagram and any other popular platform. PayPal is the only problem.

We need some kind of explanation as to why this is happening.

Is Kazakhstan blocking you? No, not.

The international format for Kazakhstan is +7.

Domestic format is 8.

When we add our phone numbers, we fill as +7 blah blah blah... 

But you PayPal for whatever reason change it to 8 blah blah blah whenever we save the phone number.

And since you're sending from outside of Kazakhstan, you need to send to +7 and not 8.

This is the problem. Not Kazakhstan, not provider, but your automatic phone number correction system.

Login to Me Too

aldaspan
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. I want to register an account for my friend, but I did not receive the verification code.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.