Requirement to upload bank account statement without there being a bank account.

ChiselsAndBits
New Community Member

Hello,

I just created my first Business account (while already having a personal account), when I logged in for the first time, two warnings popped up:

1. "Verify personal information and data." This seems logical to me since I had todo this for my personal account too. And Paypal needs to verify who I am.
    So I uploaded the requested data and this is now processing.
  2. "Weird behavior detected on my Bank account." This makes no sense, I have no bank account connected to this account and no data entered yet, as stated, this is a brand new business account for my new business. I double and tripple checked, there is no bank account, debit or credit card added to that account the list is empty. However to clear this limitation up I need to upload a bank statement verifying that I am the owner of the account, however I can not do that since I have no clue which account they are talking about. As stated there is no bank account linked to this business account.

Anybody know what todo?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChiselsAndBits 

Upload a bank statement anyway for a bank account that you do have. Maybe it’s not for verifying bank account but for proof of mailing address. Let PayPal tell you it’s not accepted and provide further advice.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChiselsAndBits 

Upload a bank statement anyway for a bank account that you do have. Maybe it’s not for verifying bank account but for proof of mailing address. Let PayPal tell you it’s not accepted and provide further advice.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ChiselsAndBits
New Community Member

Okey I will try that.

Login to Me Too

ChiselsAndBits
New Community Member

Yep that is it.

Well that was one very weird message then from PayPal......

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.