Phone number

Korobei83
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! the code does not come to the phone (SMS) when entering from the phone number, verification does not work, what is the reason for this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Korobei83 

When you add your mobile number to your PayPal account, we send you a text message with a confirmation code. Enter the code in your PayPal account to confirm your mobile number. For security reasons, the code expires in 15 minutes.

To resend the code from a web browser:

1. Go to your Settings page.
  2. In the Phone section, next to the number you'd like to confirm, click Confirm.
  3. Click Resend confirmation code. When you receive the code, enter it and click Validate.

To resend the code from the PayPal app:

1. Tap the Settings cog in the top right corner.
  2. Tap Personal Info.
  3. Tap Phone Numbers.
  4. Tap the number you want to confirm, then tap Resend confirmation. The code can only be entered on a web browser.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Korobei83 

When you add your mobile number to your PayPal account, we send you a text message with a confirmation code. Enter the code in your PayPal account to confirm your mobile number. For security reasons, the code expires in 15 minutes.

To resend the code from a web browser:

1. Go to your Settings page.
  2. In the Phone section, next to the number you'd like to confirm, click Confirm.
  3. Click Resend confirmation code. When you receive the code, enter it and click Validate.

To resend the code from the PayPal app:

1. Tap the Settings cog in the top right corner.
  2. Tap Personal Info.
  3. Tap Phone Numbers.
  4. Tap the number you want to confirm, then tap Resend confirmation. The code can only be entered on a web browser.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mariosuper3719
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

In my case your solution does not work. 

I live in Kazakhstan. All international calls and texts should be send to +7 777 my number, but you are send to 8 777 my number. In this case I NEVER receive confirmation code.

phone confirmation.jpg

Please help me solve the issue because I can't pay for ebay invoices too.

BR,

MM

Login to Me Too

hammer_zyr
New Community Member

same problem

Login to Me Too

Temp20210329g
Contributor
Contributor

same, no solution. I'm in the US and my phone is deactivated - can't call or message a human at PayPal to help out

Login to Me Too

amsimpasa
New Community Member

Hi, mine is a different one. I have reactivated my account and would like to change the phone number. I tried to change, it is refusing and giving my error and I am being asked to confirm the old phone number, which is out of use because I moved countries. How do I enter an active phone number. I also noticed only today that the nationality is wrong. I need to change that too. 

Login to Me Too

Aiymxx1

im in the same situation

Login to Me Too

AmandaBoonrod
Contributor
Contributor

I can not received any code come my phone number. Please help me. My phone number is <removed> or <removed> . I am vietnamese but now i stay at thailand and used number phone of thailand. Please help . I need send money for my family but i can not send because i can not received your code.

Login to Me Too

mariosuper3719
Contributor
Contributor
Issue has been solved.
Login to Me Too

saadafarfar
it's not working im not receiving any verification code on my phone number
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.