Phone Number Problem

Fraser7
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there,

I used to have a paypal account with my phone number on, yet i forgot the password for it and decided to create a new account. Therefore naturally i inputted the same number for that account. Recently, someone transferred me some money, and I always get the error message about the phone number and I cannot accept that money. I was wondering if therewa any way to get that money, e.g. by disabling the other account and keeping this one

thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fraser7

Would have been better for you to have contacted customer services to help you recover your first account with security questions etc rather than making another. You have broken paypal rules by having 2 paypal accounts of the same 'type' so your best bet now is to contact them and see if they can help you recover x1 of them and close the other.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.