Paypal keeps trying to draw funds from a bank account that is closed

Atheena
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal keeps trying to draw funds from a bank account that is closed.  I have tried to remove this bank and it is NOT set as my preferred account but when I click to remove bank it goes to a blank screen and nothing happens.

It is costing me money every day.  

HELP

Thank you.  I have tried to use the chat but their choices do not include anything that helps me.  I tried to phone but again... nothing.  

Thank you,

Paula

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MLGore
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
@Atheena
Hi there my friend,
It's good that you reached out to us regarding this matter. There are many reasons why Bank Account information cannot be removed right away. Billing Agreements, Pending transactions or Pending Dispute case. We need to look into that further since deactivating it won't be part of the self service option. Due to the current Pandemic situation we have very limited staffing for that I really do apologise. If Chat Support Team is not working for you, try to get in touch with our team that communicate via other ways.
You can also contact Customer Service
Via their Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/PayPal
@AskPayPal for Twitter
Hope this helps. Stay safe my friend.

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Atheena
Contributor
Contributor

Finally did get thru to support and they fixed everything.  The person who helped me was amazing!

Login to Me Too

MLGore
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
@Atheena
Glad you were able to respond.
It's good to know that the issue on your PayPal account is already resolved. Do apologise if you experienced a delay for the resolution. Its a difficult time for each of us nowadays. Stay safe my friend. Thanks for using PayPal.

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.