PayPal has 50 community posts about bad addresses and has not addressed the issue.

noaddresschangs
Contributor
Contributor

When will you fix this? If we remove ALL cards from the wallet, then update our address we get an error "address linked to wallet"

If i add the card back in as new, the old address is still linked to it and cannot be removed.

Do you not have any employees? People have been posting this bug for a year. Some companies use your address verification as proof of location. I can't fix my address with you, so they won't believe that I moved. I moved.

Please hire employees and ask them to fix this.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@noaddresschangs 

Hi,

First, make sure address on the card’s account itself is updated. Add new address to your PayPal address list. Then go to the card in the Wallet, if it’s linked, to update it. Select the correct billing address from the address list. This will make the address the billing address in your address list and could also mark it as your primary address.

Have you done this and it’s still not working? Or is it an issue that an old address, even removed from your PayPal address list still show up on a transaction?

Check the address lists of your shopping sites too to make sure they updated.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

noaddresschangs
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah. i did that. months ago.

Login to Me Too

noaddresschangs
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i also did all the things you mentioned inside my paypal account and paypal is still telling 3rd parties that my address is the old address.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@noaddresschangs 

Hi,

Did you also check your shopping sites to see if the addresses are updated there as well? Some merchant sites pass the address from their sites on to the PayPal payment and it can be the old address you used previously.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

noaddresschangs
Contributor
Contributor

So, I have used this for almost 20 years. I lived in the same place most of it.

If i can't remember all the places i used paypal, and find them, and change my address there, paypal won't accept my change of address? I moved 5 months ago. It's not like i accidentally bought something at the wrong address two weeks ago. 

Also, if paypal had employees who would talk to us... they'd probably know what website they took my data from, and could tell me to go there and fix it. Right? Otherwise, there's a lot of websites in the world for me to review. This just furthers the notion that paypal does not want to keep customers.

Except i tried to close my account, and the website won't allow me to do so. And there's no customer service employees to help me.

Also, if they are reading this, i'm pasting all these to their social media sites. And apparently that's what most customers do who actually want help. That's just silly. And kind of sad.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.