Not for Profit Business Account

TeignmouthU3A
New Community Member

Has anyone a solution to this -  I've set up a Business Account for our not for profit organisation, expecting this to enable us to pay the charity transaction rate.  However, we aren't a registered charity or a limited company, so Paypal have put a limit on the account until I can give them evidence of registration (which I don't have).  I'm just going round in circles with the Resolution Centre screen, and now I can't even access the account details to change the status, so we pay the 'normal' business transaction rate.  The account was working ok last week, but now our members report they can't access the account to pay their subscription.  Help!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

moneymatters168
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @TeignmouthU3A

I hope you are doing well and are safe.

PayPal offers discounted transaction fees for nonprofit organisations on most PayPal products. For your organisation to qualify, PayPal must confirm your charity or nonprofit status.

You must understand PayPal must comply with laws and regulations not only in the US but also in the countries it operates.

If PayPal has put a limitation on your account there is good reason for them doing so.

You have the option to register your non profit organization or to withdraw your request and operate as a regular business account.

For the issues on payment, you may want to check with the Resolution Center for more information. It's also possible that the issue is with the senders account. I can't really understand what you mean 'our members report they can't access the account to pay their subscription.' It's my understanding that your account is the recipient. 

I understand that the savings on the fee charges will help. You may want to check the benefits of getting your NPO registered. 

I hope this helps. 

Advice is VOLUNTARILY given.
Please leave Kudos / Solution if I have helped you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.