My money is still pending after 2 days

Alex2910
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, on sunday evening I brought a £235 camara from shpock I send him the money stright away. However he is now threatening to call the police because the money hasn't come though to him. My paypal says its gone through but my bank says its pending. Does anybody why this is?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alex2910 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

HOWEVER If its marked as completed in your Paypal account then you have paid. The fact its pending on the SELLERS end is between them and paypal as they are new sellers.
Funds are held for 21 days BUT released more quickly if they provide a tracking number (delivery + 1 day).

Even if the funds were withdrawn to their bank account they would still have to refund if they lost a dispute. The hold is to protect PAYPAL from new sellers that don't refund so Paypal has to and then has the hassle of getting reimbursed from the seller.

Tell them that if they refuse to send then you would have to file a dispute for 'non receipt of item' and that would impact on their paypal account as they are such new sellers and the time the 'new seller hold' lasts would be extended OR they may not be allowed to sell at all.

Send them this link.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Alex2910
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I recently asked why it took 2 days for the money to go through, thank you for your help, but I have a new question to ask.

my seller blocked me just when I asked for proof of receipt and now the item is showing as avaible again. My money finally went through and now I need to start a dispute but I don't know where to begin.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alex2910 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.