Is it just me?

adventcom
New Community Member

Is it just me - or is it impossible to contact anyone in Customer Support?

The message centre doesn't allow me to add a new message - and the phone system walks me though a whole series of options only to eventually tell me that, because of Covid - they cannot attend me at this time - and then hangs up?

I'm working with a client who has a paypal account but doesn't know their password - so I go to the password recovery page, where you have two options - a phone call or an email... I select email and the system sends me an email with a confirmation code - I enter that, perfect.... then I am redirected back to another page where the next step is to receive a phone call.... in the call I am supposed to enter the code on screen, but when the phone call comes the line is dead - no instructions - so we add the code anyway - and on screen the message changes to tell us they have been unable to confirm our identity.... and to try again later.

This has been going on for three weeks now and we are no closer.

I'm don't think I'm dumb... honestly, I don't - but I might be missing something.... on the other hand a company the size of paypal, still using Covid as an excuse not to provide Customer Support - well, shame on you!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

frankfokke
New Community Member

I need to ask them a question too, but also am just running around in loops without being able to send any message.

Login to Me Too

AirportRetail

No, it's not just you.

I have never, ever dealt with a company so set on providing no help at all to their customers - big or small.

Thinking at this point very seriously about walking away.... (and only two weeks ago I defended PayPal to our CEO)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.