Image/Pixel Tracking by Paypal Emails

JaneWood32
Contributor
Contributor

Good Morning,

Lately, there is intense usage of image/pixel tracking through service emails, sometimes through non-secure domains and/or third-parties. My list of senders includes financial institutions, airlines, online travel agents, mobile service provider, ISP and PayPal. I regularly receive payment status emails infested with tracking images that are sending unknown type and amount of data to PayPal every time I open those emails. IMHO, these online tracking is unwanted, deliberately hidden, unauthorized invasion in to my privacy. I am aware of total image blocking from my email service or using browser add-ons, but an easier solution could have been the senders stopping this hideous practice. After three weeks of denial, indecision and inaction from the PayPal Secure Messaging support team, I am redirected myself here.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JaneWood32 

You can turn off in the notification settings on PayPal account the marketing stuff.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

JaneWood32
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. All turned off there or 'unsubscribed'. With the risk of repeating myself, I am talking about web beacons in account related essential emails, like transaction confirmation.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.