I cant login to my account

Ozhex
Contributor
Contributor
Hi so my personal PayPal has me locked out because it sends a verification message to my phone but my phone number is deactivated and its a number from Germany, i don't live in germany anymore, so i cant Renew my contract either, i still have access to my email account.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Ces2216
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

We do apologize for the inconvenice. Since we only have limited customer service on the phone due COVID-19, you can maximize our Chat Support on the Contact Us option of any PayPal Page.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypal pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

Ces2216
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

We do apologize for the inconvenice. Since we only have limited customer service on the phone due COVID-19, you can maximize our Chat Support on the Contact Us option of any PayPal Page.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypal pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter

Login to Me Too

ck711cat
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Please can someone help. I can not access my account due to the authentication requirements sent via phone or text. The system requires me to login and then use the mobile verification, however but UK number is no longer valid and I now live in Australia. How can I resolve this issue please as I urgently need to send something back and the postage on ebay requires i send it via paypal? I am also unable to use any of your contact services as it requires the same login methods!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ck711cat 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.