I can't make a Venmo account and can't contact support, where do I go from here?

Temp20220813cj
New Community Member
I understand that this is the Paypal Community, but I was hoping that any users of both services may be able to assist me. I attempted to make a Venmo account earlier today and found out that my phone number had already been used to make a Venmo account. After resetting the password on the account, I was able to login to the app. It came up with a security notice, asking if it should send an email code to an email that is not mine. I did not send a code. Obviously the previous user of my phone number used the service but never transferred their account. I also tried to make an account with my email, but it still asks for my phone number for verification (which doesn't work since it's still attached to the other person's account). I can't contact support through the Venmo website since I don't have access to the registered email address, and I can't contact them through the app since I can't login. Am I not able to use Venmo due to the incompetence of the previous cell number holder? Please advise. Thank you.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.