How do I remove someone else's name from MY account?

Sara505
New Community Member

Hi

About 6 years ago I opened my PayPal account to buy something on eBay that my husband wanted. I used my email address, my bank account, my credit card. But for that ONE purchase we used his credit card. Now, my account has his name on it and all of my information. How can I go about changing this? I would like my name on the account as I am the primary user and I would like to keep the same account as it does get used a lot. Thanks for any help. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sara505

You can only register a personal paypal account in one persons name only, so you must have registered the account in your husbands name.

You can only change names on a paypal account if its a legal change OR a minor typo, you can't change from one user to another.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sara505

You can only register a personal paypal account in one persons name only, so you must have registered the account in your husbands name.

You can only change names on a paypal account if its a legal change OR a minor typo, you can't change from one user to another.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.