Help! my account been frozen for months now

krenzee
Contributor
Contributor

I need help guys what should i do? i got into paypal like almost a year now and when i signed up to paypal i put random names for my name'' like krenzee'' etc not my real name, than somone that i know has giving me a money and as soon as he did that my account got frozen. i cant use the money nor take it from paypal. The problem is it's been months now and if i try to unfreeze it . it will ask me for my driving license so they know it's me from the name on the driving license. The problem is the name that i signed up in the first play is random it's a nick name '' how can i solve this problem? i wanna send them my driving license but, dunno if that's gonna help my case . thank you for reading this

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@krenzee 

Sadly if you open a legal financial account with a nickname then no legal document you have will prove that that fake name is your legal name.

So you won't be able to verify the account and withdraw the funds.

Your best bet is to ask the person that sent the funds to open a dispute and see if they can get their funds back and then pay you another way.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@krenzee 

Sadly if you open a legal financial account with a nickname then no legal document you have will prove that that fake name is your legal name.

So you won't be able to verify the account and withdraw the funds.

Your best bet is to ask the person that sent the funds to open a dispute and see if they can get their funds back and then pay you another way.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.