Correcting my name

Midnight66
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Paypal community. I recently opened my PayPal account using a shortened version of my name that does not correspond to the name on my bank account ( for example, if the full name is Paula Cristina dos Santos Lopes-Almeida, I opened my PayPal as Paula dos Santos Lopes-Almeida, while my bank account is Paula Cristina Lopes-Almeida).

When I recognized my mistake, I  tried to correct it and sent a copy of my National Insurance card which has my photo and my name as it is in the bank account and a recent bank statement. Five working days have passed without a reply and I have since resent the documents.  I still have not heard back from anyone. I am doing something wrong? I am concerned. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Jbshetty
Contributor
Contributor

If you have already uploaded the documents for name change then you will have to wait for 7-10 days. Please check in your email, you would have received a email regarding this. What I suggest is to wait for maximum 10 days, if it is not updated then you have uploaded the documents in wrong place.

And also please check whether you have uploaded the documents at the right place.

Here’s how you can change your name:

1. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out."
  2. Click Update below your name.
  3. Select your type of name change.
  4. Follow the instructions on the screen and click either Continue or Update Name.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.