Close Account

brianbrora
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to close my account for over 2 weeks now, but every time I click the 'Close your account' link in the settings menu I just get a message saying to try again later. Every other link works on the site, so are paypal deliberately trying to stop me closing my account?. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brianbrora

Give customer services a call and ask them to close it manually for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JJ1958

Screenshot - 3_10_2018 , 11_17_46 PM.jpgREAL NICE PEOPLE HEY   ….   JJ

Login to Me Too

JJ1958

Well we all make mistakes ,, But … Paypal is unforgiving to us for the smallest ones .. Why even GOD forgives us for bigger ones .. 

Oh but not Paypal  ..We are held at payment ransom by them ,, Unable to purchase anything from Ebay .. Not a single thing because Paypal

has us controlled by their rules about who has wronged them .. They will delete my post because they don`t want people like me that make a simple mistake to be allowed to use any business associated with their monopoly on payments  .. They refuse to allow me to use any cards even with 

the pay by card method … They also refuse to speak and resolve the issue that occurred several years ago .. Damn .. I even forgave my ex for destroying me financially and sell everything I had worked for .. Move with the times Paypal .. Forgive and forget .. I did not steal from you or anyone ,, I just made a mistake ………………………………………..JJ1958

Login to Me Too

JJ1958

Oh by the way .. I too have tried to close my account for several years ,, but they wont do it and record every card I`ve tried to use and put a stop on them 

No more Ebay purchases .. And now that Ebay owns Gumtree au ,,They will stop me there too no doubt ….JJ1958

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brianbrora

Make sure you have cancelled any subscriptions like Ebay fees etc.

Make sure there are no pending transactions or refunds.

Don't forget to remove any linked bank accounts or cards.

If still no luck then give c.s. a call as I said earlier.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.