Cant close account, cant contact help desk

Fraserb1
New Community Member

Hey All!
I have a redundant business account that was in place when I purchased part of my business, I kept it open for a while to use for that part of the business, but now use my original business account for everything.
I am trying to tidy this up, by first deleting all the financial info on that account, then closing that account, however there is no way to edit or delete a credit card number, or Bank account number, and even the close account button - in account preferences -  just directs to the login and security page where there is no way to close the account.

The "message us" button tells me this is not available,
the "call us" button gives a phone number that is not connected.

Come on! it really shouldn't be this difficult to update account info, or to close an account!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Fraserb1,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty that you're having closing an old account and also contacting PayPal.

Are you logging in to the old account from the same browser and computer that you're using to log in to this account? If so, try logging out, clearing the browser cache and cookies, and then logging in to the old account. Check to see if there are any limitations or notifications that need to be resolved. 

Contacting customer service may only be possible during business hours. Are you trying the message us/call us options during the posted hours?

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.