Can't log in without phone number

dffdgsdfgsdfg
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal setup an auto login (again) without me asking(again).

I trird to log in to turn off the auto login (which I dont want, have never wanted but have been told "to bad you'll just have to keep turning them off when we turn them on") only to find I cant login without a phone number.

Is there a way around this?

I guess I'll be told "to bad use someone else's phone number".

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dffdgsdfgsdfg 

Do you have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in just your name verified on your Paypal account?
Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dffdgsdfgsdfg
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply, but paypal has managed to get by without my phone number for about 14 years. It's very unlikely they will be getting it now. Most of the time there are other options and I will use them instead. I am sure paypal wont care.

Login to Me Too

dffdgsdfgsdfg
Contributor
Contributor

Perhaps I should add.

The same company that wants my phone number as part of "extra security measures", is the same company that repeatedly actives auto logins without my permission and doesn't even give me the option to disable "auto auto login activation". As those two things would seem to be mutually exclusive, I cant help but think "security" has nothing to do with why they want my phone number.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.