Can't add an secondary email

filip123

Hi,
I'm trying to add a secondary email to my account. It says it's not available, probably I have an account with that secondary email but I can't log in because I don't know the answer to my questions. It's like I'm stuck in an endless loop. 

Anyone care to help?
Thank you!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@filip123

You are only allowed x2 Paypal accounts if x1 is business and the other x1 is personal.

If you have 2 of the same type then you risk both being limited.

So your best bet is to contact customer services to see if they can help you regain access to the other account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

filip123

@kernowlass
Thanks for the quick response. Can a client withdraw a transaction and transfer the money to my business account?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@filip123

only if its showing unclaimed with a cancel option.

If its just unclaimed then it times out 30 days post payment if not claimed.

If completed / sent then if you could not 'refund' then the only option in getting their funds back is to open a dispute for non receipt of item.

BUT you could try phoning customer services first and see if they will help you either refund that money OR remove that email addy for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

filip123

@kernowlass

How can I check if I have an account with PayPal with a given email?
I have a personal and a business account and this third email that the client sent money to, I don't recall having an account with that one. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@filip123

If its not linked to a Paypal account then it would show as 'unclaimed' on the buyers side and time out 30 days post payment.

If it shows as completed then that email address would be linked to a Paypal account.

Check with your buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.