Business account contact person need change

Noodlezero
New Community Member

Hi, I would like to change my business account contact person (or it shows the owner of the account), and I have already uploaded files the paypal required for several times. But I did not get any response from paypal. The contact person is still not right.  I need link the paypal account to our ebay and amazon account in coming days. I hope this problem could be solved ASAP, thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Noodlezero 

You're better off just closing the account and opening a fresh new business account with same email address and new account holder contact name because honestly, its not very easy to change it, at least it takes a long time and with Covid-19 causing a lack of staff, who knows how long it will take. Just remember to export the transactions data and tax documents needed before you do it so you'll have it for your records.

To create a report and download:

Activity > Reports > All Reports > Activity Download

Select Transaction type, date range, customize report fields, and report format.

After that, here is the Close account checklist:

1. Resolve any open disputes or account limitations.
  2. Zero out the balance.
  3. Cancel any active automatic payments.
  4. Remove financial info (bank accounts, cards).
  5. Go to Settings.
  6. Click Close Account across from Account Type.

You can wait since your already submitted your account holder name change, messaging PayPal customer service to follow up but contemplate the above as well.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.