Accessing my USA paypal from Hong Kong

Kpark1996
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I will be in Hong Kong later this year. I am wondering if there is any issue with accessing my USA paypal account from there. I will need to access it to send money to friends and family who have USA PayPal accounts as well. There should be no problem, correct?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

GG928
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes you can access it. But since you will be in a different account and since PayPal protects your account and its whereabouts, expect to experience an extra mile for verification. Also, we cannot 100 % guarantee that sending will be successful. I would suggest to create an Account from HK just to safe. you can contact customer service for further assistance: 1. Log on. 2. Click HELP at the top menu. 3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US. 4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options. Hope this helps. Stay safe
Login to Me Too

Kpark1996
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I believe if I open a hong kong paypal that I will have to pay a fee whenever send money to a us account correct? Why is it necessary for me to pay that when I already have a usa account and I am sending money to other usa accounts? I am just in a different location.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.