logo not working

mjv
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to upload a business logo for my invoices - I have the correct size, format, etc., and it appears to be uploaded successfully, but does not show up. I get the missing image icon every time. Help!

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

ScottyBlaze

I have uploaded my logo and resized it.First it says too small,so then I resized it to 200 and it says too large.I saved it to my documents,and also to my pictures as a jpeg,and I still CANNOT GET IT UPLOADED ON MY INVOICE!!HELP!!!

Login to Me Too

mikey9903
Contributor
Contributor

It initially did this to me also...after a period of time it seemed to behave properly....now  my logo is operational on my invoices...I can even switch back and forth between logos, but it still won't let me save two different templates like it says it should..

I would just upload your logo...and then wait...mybe even overnight...come back later and see if it behaves...

Login to Me Too

schilly
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same problem as everyone else. Tried a range of sizes - 200 x 75 to 100 x 75 plus all the file formats permitted. all under 100kb. I have now even tried the RGB option that had been suggested. I can get nothing to work.

I am staggered with the amount of people experiencing this problem PayPal have not fixed it. Upload of a logo isn't rocket science these days.

It's now nearly amonth since the last post here. Has anyone had any success?

Login to Me Too

mikey9903
Contributor
Contributor

Hi...this was a temporary problem...you know how slow the PP servers are, well I think it  needs time to "digest" it or something...the day after I had this trouble;;the logo magically appeared., and now seems to be operating normally.

I tried two different logos and both are now in there although.you have to manually remove and replace if switching between the different ones.."stored Invoices", don;t seem to store two different logos...only one at a time.

I would upload it within the stated  parameters(and it won';t show up)....and then wait about 6 or more hours to see if it shows up on your invoices. Could be that this part of the database on;y updates every 3 or 6 hours..something like that...

Hope this helps!!.

Login to Me Too

schilly
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply but I am still not having any luck. Have been trying for three days now and leaving the logo there for long periods of time at least overnight. If I try a different logo option I remove it first before uploading another. All my options have been within the stated parameters.

I submitted a ticket to PP support who agreed there was a problem. They say they have changed the h x w to w x h on their system (I have pasted the response below) and it has resolved the problem and closed the case. To reopen you are supposed to follow the link provided but there was not a link on the email and of course the logo still does not work.

I am at a complete loss now unless anyone has any other suggestions.

"I apologize for any inconvenience.
The logo states it must have a max File resolution: 75 (h) x 200 (w) pixels. Standard dimensions would have width then height: 200x75 and a max size of 100kb
With a logo no more than 200x75 and under 100kb I was able to change my logo.
I've requested the H x W be changed to W x H."

Login to Me Too

schilly
Contributor
Contributor

Just to update anyone that is still having this problem.

PayPal recreated the error with my logo options which I emailed to them. They advised me to upgrade to the latest version of Java.....

and delete my cache - temporary internet files & cookies.

It now works and believe me I had tried everything else possible. Not sure whether it was both or one of the above that caused the problem but in my case it certainly works now.

Good Luck to everyone else.

Login to Me Too

SupraTT
New Community Member

I cannot get the logo to work either. Can anyone at paypal help me? I tried clearing the cache/cookie, but still getting a missing image icon when uploading my logo.

Login to Me Too

wto
New Community Member

Here's what I did. After I kept getting the x or ?, I clicked "remove logo" and acknowledged that. Then I went and cleared the cache. I sized my logo slightly smaller than 200x75...I think It did 190x70...and it seemed to work now. I'm not messing with it anymore b/c I just spent an hour doing it. If their min size is 200x75, then it should have worked before and never would.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Everyone,

Its sounds like some of you are able to upload your logo just fine and others are still having problems. I wanted to re-review a few tips to see if it will help any of you. (Most of these tips have already been posted.)

1. The file size should be - 75 (h) X 200 (w)

2. File type - .JPG or .GIF. or .PNG

3. File Size limit - 100 KB

4. Make sure the latest Java version is downloaded on your computer - here is the Java website link to make sure you are up to date. 

5. Clear cache and cookies (just to make sure)

6. If you are still seeing an X or an error try another browser on your computer.

I hope this helps clear up the issues some of you are still experiencing because I know it can be very frustrating.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

M6
New Community Member

My logo is not showing on my invoice.  It has uploaded successfully, but I'm getting the "red X" in the box.  Help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.