logo not working

mjv
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to upload a business logo for my invoices - I have the correct size, format, etc., and it appears to be uploaded successfully, but does not show up. I get the missing image icon every time. Help!

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

BBOT_Boss

You guys are assuming everyone on here has a "secure server".  That's bs.  Even if you upload your logo to photobucket or some similar site, the url for photo uploading is not secure.  Most small businesses probably have their logo stored locally on their machine.  If uploading from a local source was not an option, why have a browse feature?  Besides, there is no field for entering a secure/unsecure url.

Have called twice, but to no avail like everyone else.  In fact, the first time I called, the lady told me the image has to be max 190X60, not 200X75 like the site says.  Someone needs to fix this problem, get their facts straight and then accurately communicate that to the consumers/businesses who pay for your service.

Login to Me Too

BBOT_Boss

Amen...  URL has nothing to do with it and it isn't an option.

They need to get on the ball.

Login to Me Too

BBOT_Boss

I am currently going through this and calling Paypal directly has been of no use whatsoever.  This is something so, so, so simple, but they make it so difficult.

If the image is saved locally to your machine, it should work when you are prompted to browse and upload an image that meets the invoice requirements.  This is BS!

Login to Me Too

mela
New Community Member

Ditto.  I have just spent several hours working on this very same issue to no avail.  I followed customer service directions exactly and learned the size dimensions offered on line were different from the recommended size.  My logo is not thumbnail size and it is still not appearing even though the response message is that it was accepted.  Very frustrating!

Login to Me Too

griztek
New Community Member

Wow, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one pulling hair out over their logo not showing up.  It's such a simple process, why won't it work?  I have done exactly as many others have done and even with the new sizing my logo still won't appear.

Did anybody get a response or answer on why logos aren't showing up?

Login to Me Too

mjv
Contributor
Contributor

If I ever do find out what the answer is to this mystery I'll post it here for all to see. Misty's advice for me was to call in, but I just don't have the time to do that. Seems like a simple process to me as well and obviously many people are having the same issue, so I'm hoping it will get resolved in the near future. But if I figure it out, I'll let y'all know!

Login to Me Too

whpix
New Community Member

it seems the problem is intermittent. for whatever reason i got it working, but after i re-uploaded it with a better quality picture (though same 75x200 <100kb spec), it stopped working.

i have a feeling that this has something to do with cache/refresh problem. server side, i.e. paypal side.

i'll try reloading it with a different name now.

-wh

Login to Me Too

SchneiderMac
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue and this is PayPal's fault! 

Login to Me Too

mikey9903
Contributor
Contributor

I  have also expended a BUNCH of time trying to get this "feature" to work, head scratching,blaming myself, etc,,....Finally got crash course in here, thanks Ya'll!!... I understand now... "it's not a bug, it's a feature"...( and it has been one  ever since 1987 when I first started using these infernal machines.)  aka>>>"Obviously, its OUR fault"

(hint from ignorant users perspective to PP techies)>>wherever you are storing these logos, it isn't returning them to the proper place(s) when the time comes. BIG HINT >>>  >This is what we need>>> It would be nice if one logo could be used on one invoice under one company's name and another logo could be used on another company's  invoice. aka different invoice "templates" ...right now it isn''t working...seems simple to me...fix this please...

Login to Me Too

deana
New Community Member

I experienced the same problem and I read through all of your comments to try and find an answer. Finally I decided to take my logo back into photoshop and change it from CMYK to RGB and it worked! I had already downsized it to 100 pixels wide so I'm not sure if it would have worked at 200 wide as well, but once I got rid of that red X and actually got my logo to appear, I didn't want to remove it  and risk not getting it to work again. Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.