invoices not sending

MzConvo
New Community Member

i have sent several invoices to my customers but they are not receiving them. how can i fix this problem? because it is making my company look bad.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

Chuff
Contributor
Contributor

I jsut find it appalling how poor the paypal customer service is.   They most assurdedly don't seem to care about this issue. At the very least they should be working with the business members and communicating with us.   I am actively researchig other vendors for a more reliable method of electronic billing.  It is very obvious Paypal has all the business it needs and doens't mind losing client base.  That is never a good sign or business model.   I predict Paypal will slowly but surely go the way of AOL and be a small player one  day.....simply because they do not care. As a business owner I bneed a system that is 100% reliable.....90% is not good enough.   That last 10% of electronic billing may very well be the biggest sale of the week for me...and I need that bill to go out without a hitch.

Login to Me Too

Scott663
Contributor
Contributor

I just started using PayPal invoicing and have been beating my head against the wall for 2 days trying to figure out why I don't receive my invoices. Like others in this thread I get the reminder emails, but never the original invoice.

I'm very disappointed with PayPal! I never expect a system to be perfect 100% of the time, but the complete lack of communication by PayPal about this problem to its users is ridiculous and inexcusable!

I assumed PayPal was more professional than this. I'm definitely concerned about relying on PayPal for my payment processing.

Login to Me Too

peterhoa
Contributor
Contributor

Despite notifying PayPal nine days ago about this issue (firstly to Merchant Technical support, then to their Business Support group) the poblem is still not fixed.

It's hard to believe that the most fundamental feature required by merchants -- sending invoices -- has not been working now for weeks now.  It used to work.  It now does not work.   They have acknowledged the problem and say a significant proportion of their merchants are affected by the issue.  But they haven't fixed it. 

INVOICES ARE NOT BEING SENT. 

Login to Me Too

LAPTOPSONLY
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. I sent 3 last week and none reached the client but I receive an email saying that each invoice was sent. I look like a fool and it causes me to scramble and the client loses confidence in my business. I contacted Paypal and they said they were aware of the issue. A problem report was sent to technical but I was told that I would not receive any confirmation or response about my problem and it would be at least 10 days!

PLEASE fix this issue....I use FormSite for a custom work order and they can successfully send a copy to myself and the client email address entered in the form. In the form settings I simply created a contact 'user's email' in the notification section. It may be that simple Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Scott663
Contributor
Contributor

My customers still do not receive my email invoices. Is anyone else having this problem?

I can't believe PayPal is ignoring such a critical problem for over 6 weeks now.

Login to Me Too

REALservants
New Community Member

I'm experiencing the same issue.

I did notice when I send a copy of the invoice to myself, the customer's email address has some extra characters around it.

I'm assuming this is causing the issue of it not sending correctly.

Example...

To: John Smith <<customer[at]example.com>, ">" <billing[at]business.net>

It should be...

To: "John Smith" <customer[at]example.com>, "Business" <billing[at]business.net>

* Please note [at] is @

Login to Me Too

Scott663
Contributor
Contributor

FINALLY!!!  After nearly 6 months it appears that PayPal has finally fixed the invoicing problem. Unfortunately, my logo is missing from the top of the invoice. If I send a reminder invoice the logo appears correctly on the invoice, just not the original. Baby steps...

Login to Me Too

HoCArt
New Community Member

I am new to using the invoice and have been trying to send but get this instead....

Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

Nothing I do changes the result, the invoice shows as a draft and is not being sent at all. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? By the way, the invoice in question was created on November 5th.

Login to Me Too

Chuff
Contributor
Contributor

I no longer use Paypal for electronic billing. I still have some of my customers that will use it to just transfer money to me..but not with the electronic billing.  I dropped them because they simply do not care in the slightest about customer service.  I really don't understand why. I am guessing it is because they have become so big that they can no longer maintain control on some parts of the Paypal business model.  The NEVER contact you about any issues they are having and just don't care.  I feel like somewhere along the way some company will see the tremendous potential of this type marketing and come upon the scene.  Electronic billing is one of those things that is low on the Paypal priority list.  They just concentrate on online straight sales for the bulk of their income.

Login to Me Too

Scott663
Contributor
Contributor

Chuff - how do you bill your clients now if your not using PayPal?  I agree that PayPal's customer service is horrendous!  It took them 6 months to fix this critical issue which should have been a top priority.

I've tried to find an alternative to PayPal for electronic billing, but all the options I found charged a monthly fee for their service which was not economical for me at this point.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.