buttons require a paypal account?

klagreca
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Folks! 

quick question:  Do paypal buttons require a Paypal account, on the purchaser's end?

I have a business account and I created subscribe buttons.  I double-checked and the option to require a paypal account is not checked.

When a customer attempt to check out they can make purchases with a credit card, but in order to complete the transaction, the Paypal checkout requires them to create a new Paypal Account. 

Is this something new?  My customers were always able to checkout without having a paypal account.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

LinLei
Contributor
Contributor

I'm wondering the same. I was under the impression that the standard had the option for non paypal users to make payments. After setting up my services and testing I was taken to a Paypal page where the only two options where either to pay by logging into my Paypal account or the option to setup a Paypal account. Where's the option to take credit card info from a customer without having to have them have a Paypal account first?

Login to Me Too

LinLei
Contributor
Contributor

** SOLVED **

After speaking with PayPal on the phone I was told that in order for the Credit Card option to be available for non Paypal users I would have to respond to the sent email requiring activating the Paypal Standard. The Paypal technician resent me the email and after clicking the link and logging into the account, Paypal was active and working correctly by allowing the option to accept credit cards for non PayPal users. Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_BJ
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi klagreca,

I see you're looking for an option where subscribers can pay without signing up for a PayPal account. When it comes to subscription buttons you have a couple of options available; standard subscriptions, or enhanced recurring payments.

It appears you've already experienced standard subscriptions with the button you created, so I'll elaborate on enhance recurring payments. Enhanced recurring payments does allow buyers to subscribe to your service by paying with a credit card without creating a PayPal account. Enhanced recurring payments has a montly fee of $19.95 USD.

To sign up for enhanced recurring payments be sure that you are using the "classic profile version" if the option appears in your account profile, and follow the steps below:

1. Click "Recurring Payments Dashboard" under Financial Information.

2. Click "Sign up for Enhanced Recurring Payments."

Regards,

BJ

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.