Writing script for IPN listener

chaser1194
Contributor
Contributor

I am ver new to this and am trying to set up a subscription button for a monthly subscription. I know next to nothing about writing script and was wondering in anyone can help with the listener. I have seen examples but I have no idea what would need to be edited or what to put in even if I knew where. I am making my website with Visual Studio and host through Godaddy.

anyone have advice?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MattVit
New Community Member

I recommend visiting www.freelancer.com or www.odesk.com - you'll need to find a "PHP Programmer".

When writing the job description, explain that they need experience in coding a PayPal IPN listener and it would be great if they could show a working example they did.

I assume of course that you're willing to pay a programmer.

Expect to pay between $200 and $600 depending on how complex the project is and what country the programmer is from.

Mind you, in most cases, you won't need an IPN listener unless you absolutely require 100% full automation on your website.

I am actually a Web Developer myself but trying to avoid self promotion. If interested, google "Attrayant Web Studio", maybe we can help out based on budget etc.

Login to Me Too

chaser1194
Contributor
Contributor

What we are doing is adding a subscribe button and want to automatically generate a user name and password when the customer pays. I am assuming that I need a listener to have this happen? Or can this be acheived without it?

Login to Me Too

chaser1194
Contributor
Contributor

Or possibly looking for someone who can write the script for me but would need a quote on what it would cost and instructions as to exactly where to add it on my visual studio program

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.