PayPal buttons with mobile website - where to go

lcn001
Contributor
Contributor

I'm developing a mobile website with XHTML Mobile 1.0.  I'm not terribly technical and love the capability to create PayPal buttons through Merchant Services.  I'm able to display the paypal (buy now) buttons nicely on my mobile site, but whoooaaa when a user clicks on the (buy now) button it passes information to paypal's standard full internet browser screen for payment.  It's crowded, confusing and unformatted for the mobile user.  Even if the user has the mobile version of paypal on their device it stil seems to go to the full blown screen!    

Am I missing something?  Is there a way to create a button that would pass to an interface designed for mobile users?  It would make mobile commerce with PayPal sooooo much easier.  

Please point me in the right direction so I can complete my testing and go live with my site.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

nicolasr
New Community Member

Any news about this ? I have the same problem and the X.com documentation is really complicated. No simple way to create a buy button for mobile website ?

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello lcn001, 

Welcome to the Forums. 

Yes you can set up Mobile Express Checkout - it can be complicated though. Here are a few resources you can check out to get it set up.

Mobile Express Checkout Quick Start

PayPal Mobile XSpace

PayPal YouTube Channel - Mobile Express Checkout

If you have further questions the best place to get answers would be the PayPal Developer Forum.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

EthanH
New Community Member

I agree, the buy now button should have a mobile checkout sniffer built in. Simply check the browsers type and serve the content up in a mobile version. It makes mobile sales incredably impractical and confusing to users. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.