One time payment then start subscription

kevinritt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am using website payments standard - is there a way to set up a subscription payment so that there's a one time fee and then the first payment starts 1 month later?

Example:

Member wants to join -> Clicks the join now button -> taken to PayPal page that has a one time $100 fee and monthly recurring fee of $10 that will start in 1 month.

Is this possible to do?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello kevinritt, 

Welcome to the Forums. 

Yes, you can create a subscription button and charge a fee up front with a monthly recurring payment.  To get started - log into your PayPal account, click on profile (under my account), click My selling tools, click update next to PayPal buttons, click create new button, select subscriptions, fill in your amount, Billing amount each cycle, billing cycle, how many cycles, select I want to offer a trial period, fill in the information and continue. I hope this helps.

~ Misty

Login to Me Too

kevinritt
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to change the wording 'trial period' to something else? I would like it to be clearer and state "this is a one time administration fee ..."

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello kevinritt,

There is a not a way to change the wording on the PayPal hosted button however, you can create a button and host it yourself with the wording 'trial period."  When creating a PayPal button, in step one you will select Customize text or appearance and select use your own button image with the path to where your button image is stored. For example http://www.yourwebsiteURL.com/images/exampleimage.jpg. I hope this makes sense.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.