Help Redirecting customers to a specific webpage after payment

jcy
New Community Member

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to have my customers be automatically re-directed to a specific webpage after they have completed their payment?

I'm selling an ebook and i want my customers to go to the page on my site where they can download the book once they've paid for it. Right now PayPal just leaves them on the page that says "Thanks for your order" on it. To get to the page I want my customers to go to, they have to click on the "Return to..." I want them to get directed there automatically.

I have a free Mercahnt Account.

Can someone PLEASE help me out?!?

Thanks- John

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello jcy,

You can re-direct your customers back to your website by enabling - Auto Return for Website Payment products and Standard Checkout which eliminates the PayPal-hosted "Payment Done" page and return their buyers back to their website upon payment completion. Here is the direct link for the Website Payments Integration Guide.

Depending on what profile you have you can follow these instructions: log in to your account, click 'Profile' near the top of the page, click 'Website Payment Preference' under 'Selling Preferences," select 'On' next to 'Auto Return," and specify the page buyers will be redirected to next to 'Return URL,' then click 'Save.'

Or

Log in to your account, click 'Profile' near the top of the page, click 'My selling tools," click 'Update' beside 'Website preferences," select 'On' next to 'Auto Return," and specify the page buyers will be redirected to next to 'Return URL,' then click 'Save.'

I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.