HTML additions to PayNow button

ecraep
Contributor
Contributor

I've created a PayNow button that works fine. But, I don't want the product name to be a fixed part of the button. I want my customers to specify a product name from multiple choices on my website, and this variable needs to appear during the checkout with PayPal and with the e-mail confirmation sent to me.

Anybody have some free advice that can make the name a variable and add to the price options? Thanks in advance.

Pearce

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello ecraep,

This would definitely be something a developer would need to help you with. You may want to check the PayPal Developer Forum to see if they have any suggestions for you. Here is the direct link. I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Simply replace:

<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="The product name">

With the following:

<select name="item_name">

<option value="Product name A">Product name A</option>

<option value="Product name B">Product name B</option>

<option value="Product name C">Product name C</option>

</select>

This will add a dropdown from which you can pick a product / item name. This will be subsequently be used as the item throughout the full PayPal transaction.

----
For technical assistance with PayPal merchant product offerings, please file a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.