Can I use Express checkout to process payment in Afghanistan using UAE credit card?

HamidFushanj
Contributor
Contributor

I'm an United Arab Emirates resident (living in Dubai), recently I opened a store in Afghanistan my homeland and here in Dubai I've my own credit card and bank account with an international bank called RakBank, the question is can I use Express checkout enabled in my website to process payments through my Paypal account? If yes, can you tell me how to integrate express checkout with my opensource ecommerce {Opencart} or is there any module or instructions?

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PP_MTS_Volker
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

The PayPal Account optional Feature is currently not available for United Arab Emirate accounts. I am sorry but your customers won't be able to use their credit card directly during checkout on your Website. However, they will still be able to pay with their credit card, but they will need to open a paypal account and add their card to that account. After they've done that, they can checkout and choose their card as funding source during checkout.

I did a bit of research for you and it appears that opencart has a module for our Express Checkout.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=extension/extension/info&extension_id=579

I wasn't able to find a tutorial how to configure that module so you have to contact your provider in order to ask that. You will need to have your API credentials to use Express Checkout, please follow these steps to request them, but make sure that you asked opencart what credentials they are expecting, the Signature or the Certificate:

Signature:

-click on Profile
-click on Request API-Credentials
-Option 1 PayPal API,click on Set up PayPal API credentials and permissions
-option 2, click on Request API credentials
-choose Request API signature and click on Agree and Submit
-Your Credentials are displayed to you

Certificate:

-click on Profile
-choose Request API Certificate and click on Agree and Submit
-Please Download the API Certificate by clicking on the Download Certificate Button

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PP_MTS_Volker
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

The PayPal Account optional Feature is currently not available for United Arab Emirate accounts. I am sorry but your customers won't be able to use their credit card directly during checkout on your Website. However, they will still be able to pay with their credit card, but they will need to open a paypal account and add their card to that account. After they've done that, they can checkout and choose their card as funding source during checkout.

I did a bit of research for you and it appears that opencart has a module for our Express Checkout.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=extension/extension/info&extension_id=579

I wasn't able to find a tutorial how to configure that module so you have to contact your provider in order to ask that. You will need to have your API credentials to use Express Checkout, please follow these steps to request them, but make sure that you asked opencart what credentials they are expecting, the Signature or the Certificate:

Signature:

-click on Profile
-choose Request API signature and click on Agree and Submit

Certificate:

-click on Profile
-choose Request API Certificate and click on Agree and Submit
-Please Download the API Certificate by clicking on the Download Certificate Button

Login to Me Too

HamidFushanj
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a million, I was thinking that the Paypal support will not help me quickly and clearly but I belived it them, that was a great help although the express checkout was for opencart version 1.4.9 so that was my mistake not mentioning my ecommerce software version.

thanks;

Login to Me Too

PP_MTS_Volker
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

great that i could help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.