Authorize and capture

JothamRay
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys,

Is there anyway i can hold funds for atleast 90 days?!We're having a website that users can post projects and make a contribution for a certain project. The contribution will not be charge until a project funds had been reached..

Is this possible using paypal?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello JothamRay, 

Welcome to the Community Robot wink.

Using the Authorization/Capture feature funds are only authorized to capture up to 30 days.

The Authorization/Capture feature allow a merchant to capture a partial amount or multiple authorized amounts. Once the buyer authorizes the payment, a merchant has up to 29 days to settle on the authorized amount. Once payment has been initiated, a 3-day Honor Period is placed on the original authorization.  During this time, PayPal will honor the original authorization until capture is completed.  Although the authorization is not 100% guaranteed, this timeframe (day 1-3) is the safest for the merchant to attempt to capture the funds.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

JothamRay
Contributor
Contributor

Is there anyway to charge them maybe after 90 days?Is it possible using paypal standard to charge automatically without us logging in to paypal? We applied for paypal pro but we are rejected.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello JothamRay,

You can charge them after 90 days however, you are taking a risk of not being able to collect the funds. As for charging your customer using PayPal standard without logging in to paypal, this is not recommended.

Have you thought about sending an online invoice to your clients to request payment? This is simple to do, just log into your PayPal account, click the Request Money tab, click Create Invoice and create the invoice and send it.

I hope that will help.

Misty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.