Few questions regarding website pro service

miniman
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

First post, so here goes!

I've been taking a look through the website pro details and video's and have some questions. Smiley Happy

Are you able to build a basic store without using shopping cart? If so, i'm really after:

About 5 different items with the option for customers to choose their quantity.

Apply discount codes (if they have one)

Subscription service (ideally takes payment for 12 months service and sends reminder e-mail before the period expires)

Provision for customer to enter full address, mobile etc.

If this is only possible using a third party app, i have taken a look at Zencart which looks very scalable and trusted although needs SSL - something I understand Paypal pro would take care of.

Could anyone advise if my basic requirements are achievable with just Paypal Website pro, and if not, what they would recommend to deal with the store side of things?

Thanks for looking!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello miniman, 

Welcome to the Community Robot wink.

You can build a basic store without using a third party shopping cart with Website Payments Standard and utilizing the PayPal shopping cart with no fee. This shopping cart will allow you to offer different items allowing the customer to choose their quantity, apply discount codes (using advanced variables) and create subscription buttons with several options.

In regards to your customers using a mobile device to shop on your website here is more information.

Website Payments Pro does not take care of the SSL only Website Payments Standard does.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.