excluding items intended for resale

JUMPERMANkris
New Community Member
PayPal new policy July 31, 2020 We are excluding items intended for resale, including single item transactions or transactions that include multiple items, from reimbursement eligibility under our Purchase Protection Program. Does this mean no more protection ???
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @JUMPERMANkris. Thanks for asking your question here in the PayPal Community Forum. PayPal is still offering our Buyer Protection Policy for situations where an item doesn't arrive (Item Not Received), something different than what was listed arrives (Not As Described) or when a transaction is completed by someone who uses an account without permission (Unauthorized). Those things are not changing.

The change you mentioned refers to anyone who makes purchases for the express purpose of re-selling the items. PayPal Purchase Protection is intended for end-use consumers; therefore, purchases made for the purposes of filling retail inventory or any purchases made with the intent of reselling the item(s) will be excluded from PayPal Purchase Protection.

This exclusion does not apply to items intended to be given as a gift (e.g., if you purchase an item with the intent of giving it as a gift you are still considered an end-use consumer). In general, this exclusion does not apply to the sale of a used item after end-use (e.g., I upgraded my phone to an iPhone 11 and now want to sell my old iPhone 8).

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

SG99
New Community Member

The wording of the Policy change is very, very, very ambiguous.  Inexcusable. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.