Weird message when using my "Buy now" button

curtweiss
Contributor
Contributor

When using the "Buy Now" button on my website (www.curtweiss.com/book) I've been getting a message in Paypal that says "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later." Is this an issue with my site, a system wide Paypal issue, or something else?

Thanks, CW

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@curtweiss 

If you look at the URL after you click on the buy now button, there is an "Amount Error". And it seems to show its a shopping cart error. Is the button a shopping cart or Add To Cart button? And not a proper "buy now" button? Make sure the correct button type is selected from the drop down menu.

Please review and follow the documentation for the button you're using or want to use and make a new button instead. There's step by step directions:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/button-summary/

I think the problem is that you are using a email url link associated with button image but you have options for different quantities and you are not allowing the customer to choose it as there is no drop down menu for these options. Click on the priceless does nothing. Just a Buy Now button. You can allow the buyer to adjust quantities in step 3 (but customers won't necessarily get the pricing that matches your list) or you can provide product options with prices in step 1 of the button maker tool.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

curtweiss
Contributor
Contributor

I tried this. Now there only text. No button.

Login to Me Too

curtweiss
Contributor
Contributor

I tried restoring to an older version that works. THere's a button but I get the original error "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.