Unable to see cash payments via website anymore

thewigster1976
Contributor
Contributor

Why has PayPal suddenly stopped letting me see cash payment details in ACTIVITY via the website (Paid via PayPal Here card reader. It shows an entry, ie how much date and time but can no longer click in it to view. It was working fine for this for the past 14 months!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @thewigster1976,

I'm sorry to hear that you're no longer seeing details for cash payments received using PayPal Here. The detailed information should be available in the sales activity in the app, in your PayPal account transaction history, and in the sales history report.

I tested what you reported and while it did load, there was a little delay, which might be the root of what you're experiencing. Please try clicking on the line item and giving it a little time. If it doesn't load after waiting for a bit, please try clearing your browser's cookies and cache and restart the browser. if the problem persists after that, please contact customer service so a representative can take your account information and create a report to our technicians to review and investigate.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

thewigster1976
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia, thanks for the detailed reply.

Mobile Phone (Android)

PayPal App - the app has never showed any cash transactions (so this is why i use a pc web browser to view them)

PayPal Here App - hadn't use this on my phone before but yes you are correct - i can see cash transactions this way and it does show details when i click on one of them (thank you)

PC Web Browser (Windows 10 - tested on Chrome/Firefox/Opera/IE)

The main summary page (RECENT ACTIVITY) never showed cash transactions at all. So going into the ACTIVITY page from the top menu listed everything, i could see cash transactions and could click on them to find more details. The webpage view has changed, i can see the cash transaction but there is no hyperlink available to click in the NAME column (which shows fine for paypal here card transactions). I have already tried to find/download/view various reports but none show cash transactions at all.

You have kindly provided a work around for me to see these cash transactions using the PayPalHere APP on the mobile which is great - but it would lovely if someone could fix the problem on the web browser version. They just need to add some text in the NAME column and make it a hyperlink (or make the whole row clickable as before).

Hope that makes sense

Thanks

David

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @thewigster1976,

Thank you for breaking down exactly what you're seeing. When we tested, the whole row was still clickable. I am not sure what the reason is behind the sudden inability to click it on your computer. If this issue persists, please reach out to customer service to report the issue so the information specific to your account can be associated with the report.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

Thank you again!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.