Paypal card reader not accepting cards

Bestieboy666
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

I've tried to contact technical support but no luck.

For a few weeks my card reader declines all transactions so I'm forced to do this manually on the app. I didn't realize the charges are much higher!

The reader pairs with the app on my phone as usual. I enter the amount and this shows on the reader and asks for a pin number. However the app still continually says processing. Customer enters pin and the transaction is declined.

Any help on this appreciated as my transaction charges are now too expensive when I do this manually.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Fionahb
Contributor
Contributor

Did u fix it? We’re having the same problem. It’s fine when you tap the reader with the card, but it declines if using the pin....

Login to Me Too

Bestieboy666
Contributor
Contributor
No. Couldn't fixed it. Never got a reply after several weeks of trying to contact them by phone. Just kept cutting me off. Terrible service. The charges for manually entering transactions was way too high. I gave up and bought a new card reader from another company. They charge less as well for transactions.
Login to Me Too

Fionahb
Contributor
Contributor

Oh that’s just terrible......I hope I get a response 🤞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.