Paypal button not working in Instagram in app browser

midnightfactory
New Community Member

Dear All,

All buttons on my website including add to cart/shopping cart work fine on chrome/safari browsers.
But when it goes to in app browser for example Instagram's in app browser, all the buttons just link to the front page of paypal while clicking.

Will there be any scripts that I can put into my html to solve this problem?

Any hints would be appreciated!Thank you so much!!!!!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

meeshellr
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, was having the same issue and it was driving me insane, especially because I couldn't find a solution anywhere! But I think I figured it out! All I did was change the METHOD in the first line of the html to "add" instead of "post". I hope this helps!!

<form target="paypal" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="add">

Login to Me Too

bengriffith
New Community Member

same problem for me. still need help!

Login to Me Too

SherbetDesigns
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you @meeshellr! You saved the day!!

Login to Me Too

echrisclarke
Contributor
Contributor

This fix doesn't work anymore, if it did for everyone.

Login to Me Too

echrisclarke
Contributor
Contributor

This is still a problem. Doesn't work even with changing the code to "add"

Login to Me Too

SherbetDesigns
Contributor
Contributor

In addition to method="add", I also had to edit target to target="_blank". This solved the problem on my phone apps, but I still had customers getting mixed results a few days later, so not a complete fix, sadly. 

Login to Me Too

echrisclarke
Contributor
Contributor
I did both of those edits to all my buttons and there was no change.
Login to Me Too

airas
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. My website successfully links to paypal with the exception of in app links. I have no idea how to fix it. My website was done by vistaprint, so I'm not sure how to reconfigure. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.