PPP Puerto Rico

glslegal
New Community Member

Hello! I am trying to apply for the Payment Protection Loan and Puerto Rico is not included in the dropdown menu. My bank left me out, but Puerto Rico is part of the legislation, please include it so I can request the loan. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

rocomendez
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, glslegal. Of course Puerto Rico is a part of the US. Unfortunately, too many of our compatriots in the mainland are not aware of this fact and think of us as foreign nation. The proverbial injury being added to insult is that this entirely unwarranted situation makes it difficult and sometimes impossible to conduct business. There are many companies and organizations that get it right, such as Sears, Oxfam America, CARE and Amazon, as well as federal government sites like Social Security, the US Post Office and the IRS, but too many others get it wrong, including PayPal. It's ironic that a company whose stated intention is to promote business is doing just the opposite but, given that rectifying the situation would turn into bigger profits for PayPal, one would hope they will fix it soon. In the meantime, it's up to us to keep reminding them that they are needlessly preventing over three million US citizens from doing business with them. They say money talks, hopefully someone at PayPal is listening.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.