Free Chip and Swipe Reader offer

rubbleman12
New Community Member

The paypal website says if you sign up for a new Paypal Here account you get a free chip and swipe card reader. But when I set up my new paypal account, make it a business paypal account, and sign up for Paypal Here, when I add the $24.99 reader to the card, it forces me to pay for it.

How does their free offer work?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @rubbleman12,

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry to hear that you're being asked to pay for the reader. Did you sign up for PayPal Here through the link under the promotion? Doing so would cause the free reader to be added. If you signed up any other way, that might be why the free reader isn't included. Please try using the link where you saw the promotion to see if that will allow the process. If it will not because it was already started, please contact the phone number also listed there to explain the situation and find out the options available.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

alruby12
New Community Member

I am having the same problem and I did use the link.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @alruby12,

I'm sorry to hear that. Please contact that number on the promotion page or contact customer service and request assistance.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

Thank you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

mkp2000
Contributor
Contributor

I tried calling the number on the promotion page several times only to get an automated message saying that they can't respond to my question and to use the message help system.  I tried that several times.  One gentleman said the promotion was a scam and told me to send an email to spoof@paypal.coim.  The second told me to call the same number I already told them I had called and been directed to the message system.  And the third did the same thing.  I have yet to be able to talk to a person as the automated phone system basically only allows automated responses.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.