Eftpos died during transaction, double withdrawal

EEisel
New Community Member
Hi, I was half way through processing a transaction for a customer with my paypal eftpos machine when it died. When I got it charged again we tried again which was successful. Later in the evening the customer contacted me to let me know they were double charged but I only received 1 payment. Has this happened to anyone else? What should I do? Will they money just revert back to their account?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @EEisel,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some duplicate payment issues. I can understand that can be a bit concerning. If you haven't received 2 payments, it sounds like the buyer was just charged 2 authorizations - but only 1 was captured. The un-captured authorization should fall off within 3 days. If it doesn't, please have the buyer reach out to our Customer Support for further assistance. 

Thanks again!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.